Richards & Connor is seeking full-time experienced legal secretaries to undertake a variety of clerical tasks, providing support to attorneys on legal matters.
- Provide support to one or more attorneys
- Preparation of legal filings and communication with clients, counsel, etc.
- Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, and colleagues
- Preserve an updated case record system
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of case and contact details
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
- Proven experience as a legal secretary
- Knowledge of legal terminology and court systems
- Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, transcription software, etc)
- Working knowledge of litigation management software systems is a plus
- Proficiency in English
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people